I get it, sometimes we don't have a choice - after all not everyone has a scanner.... or maybe we just don't know that we have a choice. Maybe you do have a scanner. In your pocket.
If you have a smart phone - you have a scanner. And once you scan your documents, you can email them right off of your phone.
Did you know that the native app called Notes on your iPhone or your iPad has built in scan technology? See the video below for a quick demonstration. This is super slick and easy to use.
- Open the Google Drive app .
- In the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap Scan .
- Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan. Adjust scan area: Tap Crop . Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page . Scan another page: Tap Add .
- To save the finished document, tap Done .
- Then, within Drive you can email a link to the document. Make sure you have the share permissions set correctly.