The Intersections of therapy, technology with an emphasis on AAC, education and other random stuff..
Monday, January 20, 2020
37th Annual NCACA Conference
This year, my colleague, Lauren Zubow will be presenting Eye Gaze Technology for Emergent Communicators. Lauren is an excellent presenter, and not to be missed.
Per the course description:
"This conference aims to promote best practices for professionals working with people with complex communication needs. Sessions will target ways to most successfully promote augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), using innovative professional strategies based at top of the license performance with incorporation of evidenced based practice information. Both assessment and intervention topics will be discussed during this 2-day course."
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
· Identify specific technology tools that align with effective instruction. (Day 1)
· Describe tools used to promote language and literacy within an inclusive setting. (Day 1)
· Identify essential resources needed in the decision making and selection of an AAC system. (Day 2)
· Discuss the major components of an AAC intervention plan. (Day 1 and 2)
· Incorporate the use of AAC evidence based practices in the intervention of people with complex communication needs. (Day 1 and 2)
LOCATION WinMock Event Center
168 East Kinderton Way
Bermuda Run, NC 27006
You should be able to register at this location.
Posted by Tek-Ninja at 11:09 AM
Labels: AAC, augcomm, communication
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment