Often, your sales representative can help you discern what mount and attachment parts you need. Sometimes though you may need to make some decisions independently. Typically, there are only a few variations for the mounts themselves. The issue that confounds people is finding the correct attachment piece. In the video below, my colleague, Chris Kovach does a really great job of making this topic more manageable.
Chris highlights theses points for you to consider as you make a recommendation:
- Eye gaze device = 20-22 inches from user’s face
- Is the chair a “tilting chair?
- Are there obstacles? (Cup holders, joy-stick, brake levers, etc
- Some manufacturers include a mounting rail. Is this one?
- Tubing size? (Tube circumference x 3.14 = diameter).
Incidentally, Chris has a very robust YouTube channel and you can find a lot of great videos on the many different software programs as well as hardware offerings from the company. Take a look at his channel and be sure to click subscribe.
Post a Comment