Snap + Core First offers several convenient ways to share and save your clients Communication tool. I like to think of it as *nesting-levels of content .
- Pages; an individual Page can be saved, or shared with anyone else with a mytobiidynavox
- Page Sets consist of all the pages, and they also can be saved, shared, etc.. For example a colleague shared with me a Core 7x7 Rett syndrome Pageset that a lot of folks have appreciated. It can be easily shared to a User profile, and caregivers can “toggle” back and forth between different Pagesets to determine “best fit”.
- Users: this is the most all-encompassing view of your client’s tool, User backup files contain the Page Sets and settings associated with that user. User backup files do not contain voice files, however, voice settings are preserved and the selected voice will download automatically if it is not available on the device (internet connection required).
That covers the “levels” of content. Now let’s consider variations of saving/moving data.
- Export/Import Locally (User, Page Set, Page Bundle) — Use when storing the file on your
- Export/Import through myTobiiDynavox* (Page Set, Page Bundle) — Share Page Sets and Page Bundles with oth- er myTobiiDynavox users. Store and access files privately on your own myTobiiDynavox account.
- Sync** (Page Set) — Share ongoing changes to a Page Set across your devices and with specified myTobiiDynavox users. A Page Set shared through sync keeps an up-to-date version of the Page Set in the cloud, so that changes made to the Page Set on any approved device/account are shared across all synced devices/accounts for that Page Set.
**These sharing methods require an active internet connection.